HF and 50MHz Transceiver
Receiver Frequency Range:
0.5 – 30 MHz, 50 – 54 MHz
(VFO: Continuous 30 kHz – 60 MHz)
Transmitter Frequency Range:
160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10, 6m bands
Transmit Output Power: TS-480SAT
RF Output Power
HF (AM) 100W (25W)
50MHz (AM) 100W (25W)
Modes of Operation:
SSB (J3E), CW (A1A), FSK (F1B), FM (F3E), AM (A3E)
Tailor-made for DX’ ing, the new TS-480HX HF transceiver raises the bar on portable performance. Despite its compact dimensions, it delivers an astonishing punch: 100W. Yet its separate control panel is perfect for base station use. Sharing virtually all the same powerful features is the 100W TS-480SAT, except that it boasts a built-in antenna tuner. Whichever model you choose, you can be sure of enjoying the best of both worlds – first-rate communications at home and on the trail. This product can be used with the 5MHz frequency band for the US market.
- TS-480SAT – 100W – additionally equipped with a built-in automatic antenna tuner.
- 16-bit AF digital signal processing offers such powerful features as noise reduction, TX/RX equalizer, and AF filters.
- Separate LCD control panel with speaker
Sporting a large amber LCD with backlit keys, the stand alone control panel can be positioned anywhere up to 4 metres from the main unit.
- Continuous RX: 500kHz (VFO:30kHz) to 60MHz
- TX covers all Amateur bands 1.8MHz to 50Mhz
- Quad-mixer that provides RX dynamic range in the TS-950 class, PSK31 compatibility, packet cluster tune (with TM-D700E/A), PC-based control, and optional IF filters
- Twin cooling fans
- Memory name function with 8 alphanumeric characters
- Multiple scan functions
- Transvertor display function
- FM wide and narrow deviation selection
- Direct frequency entry
- 5 watt minimum RF output setting for QRP operation
- FSK reverse function
- Optional 1.8 KHz SSB, 500 HZ, 270 Hz SSB and CW filters