The LA-250 is a 200W 140-150MHz amplifier, at 1 to 20W input (13.6V 30A). It uses 4 Mitsubishi RD70 Mosfets mounted on a copper heat spreader
There is an external PTT input but it can be used also without due to the built-in HF-VOX. The front panel features an LCD display which shows input power, output power, heat sink temp and output VSWR. There is the ability to change the intensity of the backlight.
The CPU keeps an eye on input power, temperature and VSWR and will if necessary disable the amplifier from transmitting if there is fault. Any errors will also be recorded and will be available for later recall for diagnostic purposes by either the manufacturer or his distributors.
- VHF 140—150 MHz Linear Amplifier
- Operation Frequency: 140—150 MHz (2m Amateur VHF Band)
- Modulation Types: SSB,CW,AM, FM, data etc (All narrowband modes)
- Transistor: 4x Mitsubishi RD70HVF1
- Power Supply: 13VDC /- 1V 40A
- Input Fuse (Internal): 3x10A (5x20mm Fast)
- Input RF Power: 1-15W ; 20W max (All modes)
- Output RF Power (Nominal): 30 – 210W ; 230W max AM/FM/CW
- Maximum bypass power (Amplifier off): 50W
- Input VSWR: 1.1—1.5:1 Output VSWR Maximum: 2.8:1
- Protection: Reverse Polarity, High Temperature, Load VSWR and Excessive I/P power